Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Presents, Part III



I made these shrugs using a pattern from Debbie Stoller's wonderful book, The Happy Hooker.  The pattern is "Short 'n Sweet" by Angela "Le Vonne" Best.  I know, I know, this pattern isn't free, but I highly recommend this book.  It's a great book to learn crochet and it has lots of cute and cool, up-to-date patterns. If you can't afford to buy the book or you only want this one pattern, you could try checking it out from your local library.  

I used Caron Simply Soft yarn instead of the recommended yarn and was able to make both of these shrugs (one size small and the other medium) with under 3 skeins of yarn.  The yarn I used for the purple edging was some I had on hand (same for the flowers).  The pattern is a little tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it goes along pretty smoothly.  There is a diagram of the stitch pattern as well, which I find very handy, because I'm a very visual person.  If you would like to make this pattern, but get stuck somewhere, just write me an email at crochetparfaitpg@yahoo.com and I will help you with it.


For the flowers I used two patterns from Lion Brand's Stitchfinder.  For the sweater above I used the Narcisssus.  Unfortunately this pattern isn't on the website anymore, but this pattern by Crochet Geek is similar.  I then added an extra layer of petals on the back.


For this shrug I used the Poinsettia pattern.  I decided to let the petals curl up and I used three different colors of yarn.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hooking!!


YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:

Shell Pattern Pillowghan

Little Girl Purses

Lace Spa Basket

Sparkly Hostess Apron


No comments:

Post a Comment